Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Friendly Miscellany



Hey - finally something not Sugar Plum related! And some of it even seasonally relevant!

Above is an illustration I did for the December issue of The Friend magazine - always a great job. The initial illustration was done in Flash. Different layers were then imported into Photoshop. Once in Photoshop, I did a bit more shading to the solid areas than I have before. I think I like how it turned out. I like the flatter style as well though (see below).





This batch is from another article from The Friend. I think this was from the August issue maybe? I forgot. Done the same way - initially in Flash, then the layers are taken into Photoshop. A few touch-ups are added like rosy cheeks, plus a shadow is added by way of the Layers Blending Options. And finally a nice texture is put over the top of the whole thing.

And btw, moral of the story, in case you didn't piece it together: Stealing is Bad! :-)

1 comment:

Heather Shepherd said...

We saw both of these articles (I'm always scanning to see if I can recognise your work before I read the credits...). I pointed them out to the kids. This time they were full of happy memories as I reminded them that they were done by the cousin who invited us to her "Halloween" Party.